Frequently asked questions

What is The Leader-Herald’s mailing address?

Send mail to us at 2345 Maxon Road Extension, Schenectady, NY 12308

We also still have a physical address at 53 Church Street, Gloversville, NY 12078

When is your office open?

Our main lobby, at our Schenectady headquarters, is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

The office at 53 Church St. is open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Where is the ‘Home’ button?

Click on The Leader-Herald logo at the top of any page to go back to the homepage.

Where is the link to the e-edition?

After you log in, it will appear on the top left of your screen. You can also access it from the footer.

How do I contact you if I encounter a problem on the site? 

Contact us here to report a problem you encounter on Thank you.

Where do I change or reset my password?

You can update your password on your user account page or by clicking here

Does it matter what web browser I’m using? 

For optimal performance, you should use the most updated versions of your preferred web browser, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.

Where do I report a missed delivery?

Report a missed delivery on our subscription portal or call our customer service department at (518) 395-3060.

Where do I change my subscription plan? 

Now you can manage your account on your account page. 

How do I request a vacation stop for my print paper?

Request a temporary stop on delivery on our subscription portal.

Where do I update my address?

You can update your address on our subscription portal

Where do change my email address?

You can change your email on our subscription portal

How do I subscribe to the paper?

If you would like to subscribe to The Leader-Herald, in either print, online, or both, you can fill out the online form here or call our customer service department at (518) 395-3060.

I subscribe to the print edition. Does that provide access to online content as well?

Access to the e-edition and premium content online is available for a small additional charge per week. You can convert to a combo subscription online or call Circulation Department at (518) 395-3060.

How do I give a gift subscription?

A subscription to The Leader-Herald is a great gift idea. Contact Circulation Department at (518) 395-3060. .

Can I access The Leader Herald on my smartphone or tablet?

Yes, a mobile version of our site is available. 

What is the e-edition?

Our e-edition is a digital reproduction of the printed version of our printed paper. It is available on our website and mobile site and features searchable archives of past editions.

How do I submit a press release to the News Department?

You can send press releases to us by:
*Mail at 2345 Maxon Road Extension, Schenectady, NY 12301
*Email at [email protected]

How do I submit a letter to the editor?

Send your letters by mail to the Opinion Department, The Leader-Herald, 2345 Maxon Road Ext., Schenectady; or by email to [email protected]. Please include your name and phone number. We do not publish anonymous letters.

How do I reach the Sports Department?

Call the Sports Department at (518) 395-3070. The department’s fax number is (518) 395-3072 and its email address is [email protected].

What’s the best way to get news published about a community event?

Our readers count on The Leader-Herald to tell them about the special events in their communities. Please send your information to us by mail, in care of the News Department, or by email to [email protected] We also have a self-serve events calendar that you can use to list your organization’s events.

How do I reach a reporter?

Our reporters want to hear from you. You’ll find a list of all staffers, with their phone numbers and email addresses, here. If you need more help, call the newsroom at (518) 395-3140.

May I reprint a Leader Herald article or photo in my organization’s newsletter?

Leader-Herald content may only be used with our permission. There is a fee for commercial re-use of our content. All requests must be approved by Miles Reed, our editor. You can reach him at (518) 395-3106 or at

May I post a Leader Herald article or photo on my website?

Content created by The Leader-Herald is protected by federal copyright law. We do not allow the reproduction of our content, including our photos, without our permission. It’s OK, however, to post a link to our content on your website.

How do I submit a tip to the News Department?

News tips can be sent to any reporter or editor or to our general news email address: [email protected]. You can also call our News Department and talk to any of the editors on duty.

How do I reach The Leader Herald at night and on the weekends?

The best number to reach the newsroom any time of day or night is (518) 395-3140. Leave us a message if we don’t answer, and make sure to include your phone number.

Who do I call if I have a complaint about a news article?

To report an error in a news article, call Managing Editor Cailin Brown at (518) 395-3079. To report an error in a lifestyle, arts or Sunday article, call Jeff Haff at 518 395-3123. Errors in sports articles should be brought to the attention of Sports Editor Mike Kelly at 518-395-3109. Complaints may also be made directly to Editor Miles Reed at (518) 395-3106

Does The Leader Herald have a Facebook page? A Twitter account?

Yes. We have Facebook pages devoted to general news, high school sports, ice hockey, and books. Start by liking us at And we have several Twitter streams. You’ll find our main Twitter feed at @theleaderherald.

How do I submit an obituary?

Obituaries can be submitted by fax (518) 395-3050 or email to [email protected] or in person. Lobby hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. On Saturdays and Sundays, the lobby is closed. Telephone orders for obituaries will not be accepted. Copy for next-day publication is 5:30 p.m. with photo, the deadline is at 4 p.m. Verification of death is required from a funeral home before publication.

How do I submit an announcement of a wedding, engagement, birth or graduation?

Announcements can be submitted by fax (518) 395-3050 or emailed to [email protected]. If you want to place your ad in person, our lobby is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

How do I place a classified ad in The Leader Herald?

Classified ads can be phoned in at (518) 382-1100, faxed to 518-395-3050, or emailed to [email protected] weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

How do I place a display ad in The Leader Herald ?

You can reach our Advertising Department at (518) 395-3020.

How do I apply for a job at The Leader Herald ?

Send your resume to us: The Daily Gazette, 2345 Maxon Road Extension, Schenectady, NY 12308.

Why do I have to subscribe to read the e-edition and premium articles online?

The news we produce has value and we want to protect it in a way that best serves our loyal subscribers and our business.  Leader-Herald subscribers have unlimited access to our digital content, including the reporting that you won’t find on any other site, and the digital version of the day’s paper. Non-members have access to photo galleries, our great blogs, breaking news, arts & entertainment and sports coverage, TV listings, and more.