Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Home in Minden destroyed by fire

September 27, 2012
The Leader Herald

MINDEN-A home on Fordsbush Road was nearly destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon, leaving a family of four homeless.

Fort Plain Fire Chief Brian Muehlock said the department received the call at 12:17 p.m. to go to the home of the Florian family. The fire caused major damage to the home, he said, with half the house gutted by the flames while the rest received heat and smoke damage. The house is a total loss, he said.

One person was at home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported. The Florian family consists of two adults and two high-school students, he said.

Muehlock was not certain, but he said a dryer overheating may have caused the fire.

The Fort Plain Volunteer Fire Department was assisting the St. Johnsville Fire Dept. since Fordsbush Road was in St. Johnsville territory.

Muehlock said despite a slight manpower shortage, the fire was put out within 45 minutes to an hour.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web