Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire damages Northampton home

November 12, 2012
By ARTHUR CLEVELAND , The Leader Herald

NORTHAMPTON - Three adults and two children were displaced after fire gutted a High Rock Road home. Fire officials said the house is a total loss.

Northville Volunteer Fire Chief Thomas Groff said the 286 High Rock Road residence caught fire sometime around 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon, after cooking oil left near the stove caught fire, setting the kitchen ablaze before spreading into the dining room and living room.

"It was well involved when we got there," Groff said.

Article Photos

A fire Sunday at 286 High Rock Road in Northampton, shown this morning, displaced five people.
The Leader-Herald/Bill Trojan

Groff said there was heavy damage from flames on more than half the home, roughly 60 percent. The kitchen suffered the most damage, he said, because of the intense heat.

"The main house is a total loss," Groff said. He also said an addition to the home could be salvaged.

Fire departments from Hope, Mayfield and Edinburg responded as well. The blaze took roughly an hour to put out. No injuries were reported.

The American Red Cross provided aid to the residents, giving financial assistance for food, lodging and clothing for the family, which includes two children, ages 7 and 13. Comfort kits also were given to the family. The kits include necessities such as soap, shampoo and toothpaste, a news release said.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web