Only in America, a Canadian observes:
1) Could the rich - who pay 86 percent of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes.
2) Could people claim that the government discriminates against black Americans when there is a black president and a black attorney general, and roughly 18 percent of the federal workforce is black while black Americans make up only 12 percent of the population.
3) Could the two people most responsible for our tax code, Tim Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department, and U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel, who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, both be tax cheats in favor of higher taxes.
4) Can terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Would they make those who want to come here legally wait for years and pay tens of thousands of dollars to become a citizen while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just "magically" become American citizens.
6) Could people who believe in balancing the budget and constitutional government be thought of as "extremists."
7) Could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes.
9) Could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for a total of $7 million per minute, and complain that it doesn't have enough money.
10) Could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000-a-plate fundraiser.
11) Can a man with no background, no qualifications and no experience be a complete failure at his job and get re-elected.
As we celebrate the holidays of those who founded America, the religious rituals of Christianity and Judaism, and the celebrations of Christmas and Hanukkah, now more than ever, it should be clear that this country is being intentionally destroyed, not just changed.
Keep quiet and continue to watch freedom disappear.