GLOVERSVILLE - A two-family home on Park Street suffered damage from a fire Sunday morning.
Gloversville Fire Department Battalion Chief Tom Groff said the fire broke out at around 12:40 a.m. and was under control within a half an hour.
He said the fire was caused by a woman in the lower apartment who left cooking grease on a stove.
There were no injuries during the fire, but the kitchen in the first-floor apartment and bathroom on the second floor were badly damaged. He said everyone made it out of the building safely after being alerted by smoke detectors.
The American Red Cross Northeastern New York Region said in a release it is assisting the two families with lodging, food and comfort kits. The first-floor family is a woman and two children, and the second family is the same makeup.
Groff said the children in the first-floor apartment were staying somewhere else at the time of the fire.