The second-ever Farm to Table Tour this coming Sunday will welcome attendees to go on a self-guided tour of the different farms around Fulton and Montgomery counties.
Twenty-nine farms are participating, and travelers are invited to explore what each location has to offer with a focus on the individual farm stores and the products inside that may not be found at your local chain grocer. Each participating farm is required to have an educational component, ranging from tours to robotic dairy milking demonstrations.
“It’s all personalized to each one,” said event co-chair Rebecca Ferry. “We’ll have suggested groups of farms that are close to each other if you want to start there. In there, I’m going to try to put anything known about their special thing for that day.”
The event, led by Ferry and Erika Gogis, owners of DreamRoad Farm Store and the Plaid Farm Store, respectively. The two opened their farm stores within the same week in July 2021, and came up with the event as a way for residents to have a more interactive experience with farmers.
“Most of us, our stores are self-serve. So, they really don’t always get to see us farmers because we’re running in so many different directions,” Ferry said. “So, they really like to get to know us and to be able to tour the animals and have grandkids or kids there to see what actually goes into a farm.”
Available for purchase will be all the tried-and-true farm store products like fresh produce and dairy. Tourgoers can also pick up other goodies such as homemade maple syrup from Fieldridge Farms.
Other unique stops on the tour include Willow Tree Wisdom, which specializes in herbal products and other naturalist remedies like Reiki healing.
Anyone looking for a sweet treat to break up the day can check out Karen’s Produce and Ice Cream in Amsterdam, which offers burgers and ice cream so the whole family can fuel up before continuing the trek.
Other options for a mid-tour pit stop include Damin Farm, which will be serving homemade pastrami sandwiches.
Damin Farm is the farthest west of all the stops, making it a great option for Herkimer County travelers to kick-off their day or wind down on their way home.
Those coming from Schenectady or surrounding towns can start farther east at Dellavale Farm in Pattersonville.
After the success of last year’s event, Ferry is excited to introduce even more people to the long list of local options for fresh food.
“Every farm last year really enjoyed it and said it was the best day they ever had,” Ferry said. “It really bloomed because it got people to realize they had farm stores in their local area.”
A map of all the participating farms is available online. Paper maps will also be available at each stop. For more information, visit farmtotabletour.org or the Facebook page at facebook.com/FultonMontgomeryFarmtoTableTour. Additional questions may be emailed to [email protected].
Below is a list of all participating farms:
- Appleridge Farm, 201 Commons Road, Fonda
- Crum Creek Meats, 192 Crum Creek Road, St. Johnsville
- Damin Farm, 8075 State Hwy 5, St. Johnsville
- Dellavale Farm, 795 Pattersonville Road, Pattersonville
- Dygert Farms Creamery, 243 Dygert St., Palatine Bridge
- Hickory Hill Farms, 1421 Old Trail Road, Fonda
- Hu-Hill Farm, 232 Lighthall Road, Fort Plain
- Karen’s Produce & Ice Cream, 2311 State Hwy 5s, Amsterdam
- Little Ann’s Flowers, 7424 State Highway 10, Canajoharie
- Ouderkirk Farms, 463 Stone Arabia Road, Fort Plain
- Plaid Farm Stores, LLC, 6419 State Highway 30, Amsterdam
- Samdil Farm, 612 Stoner Trail Road, Fonda
- Sand Flats Orchard, LLC, 371 Martin Road, Fonda
- Shults Family Farm, 487 Clinton Road , Canajoharie
- Tylutki Family Farms, 198 Caswell Road, Palatine Bridge
- Westmeadow Farm & Dairy, 251 North Comrie Ave, Johnstown
- Willow Tree Wisdom, 6907 State Highway 30, Amsterdam
- Brower Family Farm, LLC, 249 Jackson Summit Road, Mayfield
- Dreamroad Farm Store, 193 LaGrange Rd, Johnstown
- Fieldridge Farms, LLC, 801 Co. Highway 116, Johnstown
- Hadcock Family Farm, 126 Lagrange Road, Johnstown
- Korona Farm, 1979 County Highway 107, Amsterdam
- Out Of The Blue Berry Farm, 397 Stevers Mills Road, Broadalbin
- Peaceful Valley Maple Farms, 116 Lagrange Road, Johnstown
- Perry’s Sunflower Maze, LLC, 176 Midline Road, Broadalbin
- Philia Farm, 134 Miller Road, Johnstown
- Rizzo Farm, 333 N. Perry St., Johnstown
- Rogers Family Orchard, 260 County Highway 131, Johnstown
- Stump City Brewing, 521 West Fulton St., Gloversville