AURIESVILLE – The annual St. Kateri Tekakwitha pow wow will take place July 2, 3 and 4 at the Lady of Martyrs Shrine. The gates will open at 10 a.m. daily and the grand entry will be at noon daily. The donation at the gate will be $8 per person, except: $6 for seniors ages 60 and older, and free for children younger than age 5, the disabled and nursing home residents, a news release said.
All veterans will be honored from all branches of service.
No drugs, alcohol or firearms of any kind are allowed on any of the grounds.
The events include:
– Aztec dancers at 2 p.m. daily.
– Intertribal dancing.
– Candy dances for kids.
– Native crafts.
– Native food.
– The public can join in with the Iroquois social dancing.
– The public is invited to attend the trade blanket at 7 p.m. July 2. Bring something to trade (not money).
– Children ages 15 and younger will be invited to create a native craft free of charge to take home.
– There will be no charge to attend an auction at 6 p.m. July 3. Most items will be crafts and jewelry.
The public is encouraged to attend. Seating will be limited. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on, the release said.
The proceeds will benefit the Native Children’s College Fund.