Two men arrested in Lukoil burglary

GLOVERSVILLE — Two city men have been arrested and charged in connection to the early morning burglary that occurred at the Lukoil on North Mail Street on Tuesday.

Kurtis T. Fuller, 21, and David T. Doak, 29, both of 42 First Ave., Apt. 1, were each charged with third-degree burglary, third-degree criminal mischief and petit larceny Thursday at 6:30 a.m., city police announced today in a press release.

Police responded to the Lukoil gas station and convenience store at 394 N. Main St. on Tuesday at approximately 5:03 a.m. for the report of a burglary after the fact that was discovered when shop owners were preparing to open the store.

Through investigation police determined that two subjects broke into the building by damaging the glass front door. Once inside, the subjects were observed on surveillance cameras taking U.S. currency and cigarettes from the shop.

Lt. Brad Schaffer said today that the surveillance footage captured inside the shop during the burglary was “very good quality” and that still images from the footage were provided to patrol officers who were then able to locate the two involved subjects matching the images.

Patrol officers located the two individuals walking on North Main Street near North Street and made contact with the two men who were found to be in possession of “attire” that was worn during the burglary as captured on the surveillance footage.

Police identified the subjects as Doak and Fuller and through further investigation determined that both men were responsible for the burglary at the Lukoil.

According to Schaffer, no other individuals were involved in the burglary that police allege Doak and Fuller set out to commit.

“That’s the sole purpose that they went there for,” Schaffer said.

Schaffer said the pair used the Rail Trail early Tuesday morning to reach the store where they broke the front door with both a hammer and a rock in order to enter the shop where they took cash and cigarettes with a combined value of approximately $500.

“We have recovered some of the proceeds, but not all of it,” Schaffer said.

Fuller and Doak were taken into custody and processed at the station before they were arraigned in City Court before Judge Traci DiMezza.

Both Fuller and Doak were remanded to the custody of the Fulton County Correctional Facility in lieu of bail. Fuller’s bail was set at $15,000 cash or $30,000 bond and Doak’s was set at $5,000 cash or $10,000 bond.

According to jail officials, both Fuller and Doak were still being held as of this morning.

By Josh Bovee

Leave a Reply