BROADALBIN — Students were briefly evacuated Wednesday morning after an oven malfunctioned in Broadalbin-Perth Junior-Senior High School’s cafeteria, according to officials.
The incident occurred at 7:25 a.m. as a rank odor emitted throughout the area.
Officials determined that the building was safe for students to re-enter at 7:52 a.m. The cause of the malfunction remains unclear and the oven is currently out of service, the department reported.
Tyler A. McNeil can be reached at 518-395-3047 or [email protected] Follow him on Facebook at Tyler A. McNeil, Daily Gazette or Twitter @TylerAMcNeil