Tri-county blotter 09/14

Inmate charged with taking, using bank card

JOHNSTOWN — A current Fulton County Jail inmate was charged by Fulton County sheriff’s investigators Tuesday with six counts of fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and six counts of petit larceny.

Investigators said Cori L. Ostrander, 35, was charged for incidents that occurred in both the cities of Johnstown and Gloversville.

Ostrander was charged after a victim discovered a credit/debit card missing and noticed numerous unauthorized charges on the account from different Glove Cities establishments. After a review of security camera footage, deputies said it was discovered Ostrander possessed the stolen credit/debit card.

Ostrander has been incarcerated since July 7 when she was arrested on a warrant for second-degree assault and held on $10,000 bail. Ostrander will be arraigned later in Johnstown City Court and Gloversville City Court.

Driver charged with DWI after accident

GLOVERSVILLE — Tonya A. Daniels, 50, of 11 St. Thomas Place was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and driving while intoxicated by city police.

Officers said that while on patrol, they conducted a vehicle stop on Bleecker Street after officers observed a vehicle back into a fire hydrant. Upon making contact with the driver, identified as Daniels, she was discovered to be intoxicated.

Daniels was transported to the station and processed. She was released to a sober third party with a return court date of Sept. 25.

Failure to appear leads to warrant

GLOVERSVILLE — Cherity N. Vose, 29, of 4 James St. was taken into custody on a bench warrant by city police on Wednesday.

Officers said Vose turned herself into the city police department after learning of an active warrant issued by City Court for failing to appear on an unlicensed dog charge.

Vose was arraigned before JudgeTraci DiMezza and released after posting $150 cash bail.

Argument leads to harassment charge

GLOVERSVILLE —Timothy C. Green, 37, of 29 William St. was charged with second-degree harassment by city police on Wednesday.

Officers said Green was charged following an investigation into two consecutive complaints at the residence. Green was arguing with another subject at the residence and threatened to harm the subject, causing annoyance and alarm.

Green was transported to Gloversville Police Department where he was processed and later arraigned before the Hon. Judge T. DiMezza and released to reappear on Sept. 25.

By Patricia Older

Leave a Reply